Using Photographs in the Development Education Classroom
- Using Photographs
- Why Use Photographs?
- Photographs & Development Education
- Gathering Photographs
- Prepare to Use Photographs
- Using Photographs in the Classroom
- Links & Resources
- Sample Photo Bank 1
- Sample Photo Bank 2
- Download resource as PDF
Except where otherwise indicated, the content and photographs in this resource were compiled by Dr. Gerry Jeffers. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Links & Resources
There are various websites to support using photographs in educational contexts e.g.
- Green, D. (2006) Using Digital Images in Teaching and Learning
- Pics4Learning: Free Images For Educational Purposes
- JISC Advice on Still images: Finding and using digital media
- Kerry One World Centre – Visions of Africa
- Dóchas Code of Conduct on Images and Messages